Doctor Who Diapers
My FAVORITE show EVER is Doctor Who. When I was pregnant and searching for pre-loved (second hand) cloth diapers, I’d regularly look for some with a Doctor Who theme. Imagine my delight when I found a listing of 2 cloth diapers and a wet bag with the Tardis (the Doctor’s time machine). I could write a dissertation-length post trying to explain why Doctor Who is so amazingly wonderful. It would probably be double the length of a normal dissertation because it would be full of emotional rants due to how much I seriously love this show. Instead, I’ll share some of my favorite Doctor Who quotes. Also, the 10th Doctor will always be my Doctor. Do you watch Doctor Who? Which Doc is your favorite?
“Bow toes are cool!”
“Allon-sy!” (French for “let’s go” according to the 10th Doctor).
“In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
“We’re all stories, in the end… just make it a good one, eh?”
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
“Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I.”
Secondhand Cloth Diaper Purchases
Let’s talk about pre-loved/secondhand cloth diapers for a minute. I have purchased and received secondhand cloth diapers in every condition imaginable. I have purposefully purchased secondhand diapers from other mothers in cloth diaper BST (buy, sell, trade) groups on Facebook. I’ve been given a bundle for free from a group as well, and I’ve been given free diapers from various connections (i.e. my MIL’s coworker’s daughter). You can find secondhand cloth diapers for sale on eBay, yard sale apps, craig’s list, and just about anywhere you go to find used merchandise. My local cloth diaper shop even has a pre-loved/second-hand diaper section! Here are a few tips for buying, examining, and caring for pre-loved diapers:
- examine the condition of the fabric and the closures.
- do the snaps work, are they secure without any holes around them?
- is the velcro still sticky?
- if it is a pocket, AIO or AI2 diaper – is the inside fabric still in good condition? Is it smooth, or is it peeling?
- When examining via pictures:
- ask the seller to share pictures of any stains
- ask for pictures of the inside and the outside
- Terms to know, best to worst. Prices should reflect the condition.
- NWT – new with tags
- LN – like new
- EUC – excellent used condition
- VGUC – very good used condition
- GUC – good used condition
- UC – used condition
- NR – needs repair
Happy secondhand cloth diaper hunting to you all. May you find the best prints, ever!
xoxo mamas, papas, & tiny human caregivers